- A great range of bedding including bedspreads and throws, cushions, pillows and duvets, plain dye bedlinen, sets and collections, from the High Street store online.
How to choose bedding
The warmth of a duvet is measured by its tog rating. The higher the tog rating, the warmer the duvet, so a winter weight duvet will have a tog rating of between 12.0 and 13.5, whereas a summer one will have a rating of around 4.5 - 5.0.
- Luxury bedlinen, duvets, pillows, throws and bedspreads in sizes single, double, king and superking, together with a range of nightwear for the family.
- The place to find Egyptian cotton bedlinen, duvet sets and bedspreads. Other types of cotton bedding sold include percale, jersey and sateen. Choose from 150 or 200 count polycotton all the way to 800 count sateen. I would recomment the Beldorm's Hotel Luxury 550 count Egyptian Satin Stripe Bedding in pure white or ivory with a subtle satin stripe
It should be noted that natural fillings such as duck feather and down are naturally warmer, and so less bulky than their synthetic counterparts for equivalent tog ratings. However, synthetic duvets are more likely to be suitable for those who suffer from allergies.
Duvets are not recommended for babies under one year of age, and children in general require lower tog ratings than adults.
The quality of cotton sheets can be measured by their thread count. Sheets generally have a thread count of around 200, but top quality sheets can have over 300. Sheets with a higher thread count last longer and are more comfortable on the skin. A way of determining the thread count, if it is not marked, is to hold the sheet up to the light. Sheets with a lower thread count will be more see through.
Pillows are now available in a variety of sizes, as are pillowcases, so you need to ensure that you buy the right sized pillowcase for your pillow.
Typical sizes are:
You can also buy neck support pillows and other variations. Note that to get the most from your pillow, you should fit a pillow protector. It will help to protect it from dirt, bed mites, oil and skin flakes, and so prevent it becoming lumpy and uncomfortable.
How to put on a duvet cover
- A huge range of plain and patterned flat sheet sets, flannelette coordinates, non iron and Percale dyed accessories. Brands sold include Dorma, Rainbow, Fogarty and Coloroll. Superking size available on certain ranges. Get 20% off your first order plus interest free credit! Free UK delivery and returns.
| Duvet and Pillow Warehouse|
- Extensive range of duvets and pillows. Duvet and pillow fillings include Hungarian, Siberian Goose Down and White Goose Down.
Free Delivery on orders over £40!
- In the "bedroom" department find bed linen for adults and kids (including football sets), patterned or plain, plus pillows and quilts. Get 0% interest free credit, 10% off your first order and free delivery.
|The Cotton Mill
- A range of bedding together with curtains, wallpaper and other accessories for the home.
|The Sleepover Company|
- Specialists in kid's bedding and bedroom furniture, including cotton duvet sets, cotton fabric to buy, or buy ready made curtains and cushions. Also anywhere beds and personalised cuddle cushions.
- Quality duvets (filled with Microfibre, Hollowfibre or Goose Down) and pillows, available in sizes single, double, king and superking.
- Latex and orthopaedic mattresses made from pocket spring Visco Elastic Memory Foam, with free next day UK delivery.