MOT test - information for UK motorists.
Once a car has been registered for three years, it needs to have a new MOT certificate every year thereafter.
The MOT certificate is valid until 2013 from the issue date, unless it is issued whilst the previous MOT certificate is still valid. In these circumstances, the MOT certificate can be extended by up to one month and will be dated one year after the expiry of the current certificate, up to a maximum of 13 months from the test date.
The only time that you are exempt from requiring an MOT certificate is if you are taking or collecting your car to / from an MOT appointment.
The current test fee for a car is £53.10.
|Auto Bulbs @ Power Bulbs|
- Auto bulbs and Xenon based bulb upgrades by Osram and Philips. By upgrading your car bulbs or motorcycle headlights, you can light up the road by more than 90%. Xenon bulbs use a similar technology to halogen, but instead contain a mix of halogen and xenon gas to enhance the lighting effect.
Free worldwide delivery.
- Sell your car with Automart quickly and easily. Your car stays on their database until sold for £12 and will appear on 756 web sites.
Car Care and Automotive Machinery by Screwfix |
- Tools, machinery & accessories for the mechanic including chain blocks, trolleys, starters, engine stands, dent pullers, Battery Chargers, Starters and Jump Leads, Body Repair tools, Body Care accessories, Lubricants from engine oil to anti-freeze, Fuel Pumps, Jacks & Stands and much more. Trade prices and free next day delivery on orders over £45.
Also check out the Screwfix clearance sale.
The maximum fee that you can be charged if you require a duplicate certificate is £10.
Need some new car bulbs for your headlamps, brake lights, reversing lights or indicators, or perhaps some new Windscreen Wiper blades? Visit AutoBulbDirect for an extensive range including Xenon HID, LED bulbs, performance light units, standard bulbs and more, all with free worldwide delivery.
The maximum penalty for using car without a valid MOT certificate is £1000. There is also a maximum penalty of £2500 for failing to produce an MOT certificate if asked to do so by a policeman. However, neither of these offences add points to your driving licence.
What can my car fail its MOT on?
Your car can fail its MOT on a wide number of items. Here is a brief list, which is not completely inclusive but will give you a good idea:
|Just Parts Biz|
- Front and rear brake kits at discount prices including pads and discs for most makes of car.
- Accessories, styling and performance parts from the UK's biggest stockist of auto accessories. Best sellers include the Illuminated Gear Knob and the 18Ltr Cooler and Warmer Box.
- Gadgets for your vehicle including Satellite Navigation, Speed Camera Detectors, Laser Diffusers, phones and hands free equipment, reversing aids, audio, security and tracking.
- Looking for used autoparts in the UK? Sniffy Dog has one of the largest databases of UK Breakers Yards and Salvage Companies on the web. Buy direct from the yard that stocks the part you require - receive multiple offers via email.
- Automotive, interior and exterior styling and TRS accessories and harnesses with free UK shipping.
|Tops and Strops|
- Economy and stainless steel ratchet straps with a wide range of applications. The stainless steel ratchett straps are particularly suited to use in the marine industry.
- Next day delivery on tyres for vans, cars and bikes from top manufacturers, for both trade and retail consumers.