Contact Lenses From LensesByMail.com
A Guide to Contact Lenses
- Save up to 70 % on high street prices. Top Products include Ciba Vision Focus Dailies, Bausch & Lomb Purevision, Johnson & Johnson Surevue and Ciba Vision Freshlook Color and one day acuvue.
- Prices up to 50% less than High Street. They guarantee quick delivery of all the leading brands direct to your door. Check out the Crazy Contacts Special Effects lenses for fancy dress and Halloween. Designs include Cats Eyes, Banshee, Wold Eyes, Black, Manson and Vader.
- A fantastic range of coloured and crazy contact lenses, including Freshlook Colourblends, Freshlook Radiance, Freshlook Dimensions, Expressions Colors and Expressions Accents, together with crazy lenses in wolf, spiral, dollar and more.
The above is actually my own prescription. Sphere is the power, measured in diopters, and indicates that I am slightly short sighted. If I were long sighted, the sphere measurement would be positive, eg +3.0. Base Curve (BC) is a measure of the amount of curvature a contact lens has and is usually between 8.0 and 9.0. Diameter (D) is the actual diameter of the lens in mm. You will also have CYL and AXIS measurements if your eyes need to be corrected for astigmatism. Bifocal contact lenses will also have an ADD measurement.
Different Types of Contact Lenses
There are two main categories - soft and hard gas permeable. Soft contain between 20% and 80% water and are easy to get used to - gas permeables on the other hand are harder to get used to, but need replacing less frequently and so can end up cheaper in the long run.
There are many different types of soft contact lenses on the market, including daily disposable, monthly disposable, continuous wear, colours and conventional soft contact lenses that last around a year. I am currently wearing continuous wear lenses called "Focus Night and Day" by Ciba Vision. I wear them for 30 days continuously, then throw them away and replace them with a new pair - so I can see when I wake up in the morning and don't have to worry about disinfecting the lenses, unless I take them out before the month is up.
Please note that you should always be fitted for contact lenses by a professional optician. Even if you buy them over the internet to save money (I do!) you should still go for checkups with your optician. I go for two check ups a year, for which I pay £25 per appointment. Even accounting for this, I still end up saving about £80 / year by buying online.
Coloured Contact Lenses
These are available in two main types:
- Sells all the UK top brands including Acuvue, CIBA Vision, Bausch & Lomb and CooperVision as well as own brands such as Boots, Specsavers and Vision Express.
- Get huge discounts on optician's prices plus free UK delivery and a UK price match.
- Cheaper disposable contacts with free UK mainland delivery. All the major brands are available including Alcon, AMO, Bausch and Lomb, Ciba, CL Tinters, and CooperVision, and disposables including dailies, monthlies, bifocals, toric, extended wear plus coloured (eg Freshlook Colorblends)- all at cheap prices.
|Contact for Lenses
- 70% discount on Acuvue, Bausch & Lomb, Soflens, Clearvue and more including disposable, bifocal, coloured, extended wear and toric.
Crazy Contacts at up to 75% off the RRP, eg Cats Eyes £18. For cosmetic purposes only, no prescription required.