- Discount cosmetics, all with free UK delivery, including makeup and skin care items from top brands such as Lancome and Clarins, all at discount prices.
Cosmetics Guide - how to apply makeup
Here is a quick and cheerful guide on how to apply makeup to achieve a fresh and natural appearance.
- Cleanse, tone and moisturise your face, to give the makeup / cosmetics a good base on which to be applied. Your face can be cleansed with a cleanser suitable for your skin type, or a facial wash. Ordinary soap is best avoided, especially on older skin, as it can be very drying. Toner can just be a splash of cold water on the skin, to remove any excess cleanser, close the pores and prepare the skin for moisturiser.
Moisturiser should be applied in an upwards motion so as not to drag the skin down. Make sure that you moisturise your neck aswell.
- Now your skin is ready to have foundation applied. Choose a foundation that is close in colour to your natural skin tone.
To apply, put a small blob on your hand, then dot it evenly over your face and neck. Spread it over your skin either using finger tips or a slightly dampened sponge. Work outwards to avoid a buildup at the hairline, and blend evenly. Don't forget to put a little foundation on the eyelids.
- If you have dark circles or eyebags, consider the application of a light reflecting concealer such as "Touche Eclat". Literally meaning "touch of light", Touche Eclat contains thousands of light reflecting particles that disguise eye bags and dark circles and is frequently worn by TV stars and politicians.
- Apply eye shadow next. Using a brush, blend a pale base colour over the entire lid. You can either leave the lids with just the base colour on, or you may want to give the eyes extra definition by blending a darker, complementary shade in the crease of the eyelid.
Eyeliner can be in pencil, liquid or "felt pen" form. I personally prefer the felt pen eye liner as it is easy to apply and never drags the delicate eye tissue. Underneath the lower eyelashes, start the line about half way out and take it to just beyond the corner of the eye. This will make your eyes appear bigger. Finally, curl the eyelashes with eye lash curlers and apply two (thin) coats of mascara to both the upper and the lower lashes, to avoid clumping. If necessary, comb your lashes with an eye lash comb.
- Now apply the blusher. The trick to the application of blusher is to use a huge brush with your powder blusher, not the little ones that tend to come included with the compact.
This will help you to blend the blusher for a natural appearance. Don't go for blushers that are too pink in colour as these will not look natural - peachy colours are usually better, although the best results will depend upon your own skin colour - darker skins requiring a stronger colour and vice versa.
- And finally... lipstick. If you have a small mouth, use a lip liner pencil slightly outside the natural line of the lips. Conversely, if you have a large mouth, use the lip liner on the inside of the natural lip line. In general, lighter and shiny colours make lips look fuller, whereas darker, dull colours make lips look less full. However, darker and brighter colours make your teeth look whiter. Apply lipstick with a lip brush to get the best finish.
- Great discounts including buy one get one free on a huge range of skincare and beauty products.
- Avon is the world's leading direct seller of beauty products.
- A huge range online by brands including almay, chanel, clarins, clinique, elizabeth arden, estée lauder, lancome, vichy and many more. Also skin care products, make up brushes, suncare and other accessories.
- Discounted prices on beauty, sun care and hair care products from brands including YSL, Clarins, Lancôme, Dior,
Jane Iredale, Skin Doctors and Blinc.
- Check out the great value collections of make up and skincare items by Calvin Klein, Nina Ricci, Christian Dior, YSL, Clarins and Clinique.
- Makeup and fragrance at discounted prices by Almay, Max Factor, Maybelline, Revlon, Elizabeth Arden and other well known brands.
- A family run online cosmetic store, offering great value on cosmetics and accessories.