- Specialists in flying adventure gifts, providing flights for the leading gift experience retailers. Experiences available include Tiger Moths, Aerobatics, Warbirds and Helicopters. You can also go sightseeing in a plane or buy a gift token.
An Adventure Gift Buyer's Guide
If you are looking for an unusual gift for a loved one, then why not buy them a gift experience. Gift experiences come in all different guises - there are the traditional adventure gifts encompassing high adrenaline activities such as fast cars, flying, parachuting and extreme watersports. At the other end of the scale, gift experiences can include such delights as a day at a health farm, a pamper day and a chance to create your own pop video.
The demise of the original "Red Letter Days" company headed by Dragon's Den businesswoman Rachel Elnaugh may have put you off buying a gift experience voucher. However, the main problem was with the Red Letter Days company itself, and not the actual companies providing the experiences. Red Letter Days acted as a "middleman", issuing vouchers for a number of experience providers, including Thruxton Motorsports and the wine tour company Vinopolis. However, the company did not reimburse these supplying companies for the costs of the experiences, and as a result, these companies could no longer accept the Red Letter Day vouchers. Red Letter Day owed these companies thousands of pounds and left them in a very awkward situation regarding the vouchers and the dissatisfied customers.
The Red Letter Day company itself was rescued in August 2005 by Millwall FC Chairman Theo Paphitis and another Dragon's Den judge, Peter Jones. 80% of the company's suppliers agreed to fulfill the pre-collapse vouchers and charge only cost price of the experience to the new company.
It would be prudent here to point out that if you make a purchase with your credit card, and the company through whom you have made your purchase does not fulfill the contract, eg because they have gone into liquidation, you can usually get a refund from the credit card company. This is because under section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, the credit card issuer has equal liability to the defaulting company. However, you do not get this additional protection if you pay with a debit card.
- Loads of different experiences including driving, flying, golf, health and beauty and other ideas such as recording your own cd (have you got the X-factor?) , presenting and many more ideas..
- A great range of gift experiences including flying, driving, parachuting, pampering, sailing and powerboats.
|Thruxton Motorsport Centre|
- Racing car experiences on a fast race circuit. Cars available include a racing car (obviously!) plus Dodge Viper, Ferrari 335, Aston Martin V8, Porsche 997 Turbo and a Lamborghini LP640.
- A range of gift activities including a Pop Star Experience, a Family Photo Shoot and a dinner cruise on the Thames, together with driving, flying, action, water, sporting and indulgent experiences.
|Virgin Experience Days|
- Wide range of experiences including driving, flying, water sports, tank paintballing, bungee jumping and quad biking, plus special experiences for kids including junior 4x4 off road, rally and karting.
|London Wine Academy|
- Wine courses and wine tastings for everyone from beginner to connoisseur.
|Weekend Experiences for Couples|
- Weekend experiences for couples including adventure, learning new skills or being pampered. Gifts include a Murder Mystery Break, Golf, A Fawlty Towers Break (in Harrogate or Slough, not Torquay) an interior design course for two and a course in garden design.
- A wide range of experiences provided by many different providers. You pay the individual provider direct, so saving on commissions to a third party..