How to have a fit and healthy lifestyle
Using the latest guidelines from the ACSM (Amercian College of Sports Medicine) and the latest reasearch on health eating, this article has been written to help you to achieve a more healthy lifestyle.
There are many changes that you can make to adopt a more healthy lifestyle - the key to maintaining these changes is to make them little by little, so that they can be sustained and improved upon gradually. Large "step" changes will be more difficult to maintain and may be presently unrealistic. Bear this in mind when setting yourself goals and targets - it is pyschologically more important to succeed with a small target than fail with a larger target.
|Home in on Health
A large number products and services to help you take control of your own wellbeing, including Laboratory Tests (eg YORKTEST foodSCAN food intolerance indicator), 'At Home' Tests (eg Homocysteine Test, owel Disorder Test, Diabetes test and many more).
Designer skincare and fragrances at discount prices.
- Cut price online pharmacy with free delivery when you spend over £40.
- The world's leading direct seller of beauty products.
- Online UK based clinic providing treatments for impotence, obesity and male pattern baldness.
- Boots online, including No 7, health and beauty products, prescriptions, special offers (buy one get one free, 3 for 2 etc) plus you still get Advantage card points.
The latest guidelines on the optimum amount of exercise are:
See your doctor to check that increased physical activity is appropriate for you before starting a new exercise program. The above guidelines are just general and should not be taken as personal advice.
Generally, the diet of the UK population is too high in fat, especially saturated fat, sugar and salt, and too low in complex carbohydrates, fruit, vegetables and dietary fibre. The following guidelines are the currently held beliefs regarding nutrition:
|first aid 4 sport
- Sports medicine products for the prevention, treatment and ongoing care of sports injuries.
- The UK's largest online perfumery and pharmacy, stocking all brands of leading health and beauty products.
|The Highland Soap Company
- Carefully handmade natural soaps and luxurious bath products. The aromatherapy soaps are packed full of moisturising glycerine to soften your skin and contain pure essential oils and botanicals.
|John and Ginger|
- Up to 35% discount on top skincare, nail care and self tanning products, by an official Dermalogica stockist.
|Amazing Emu Oil
A range of products including Emu Oil, which works in a similar way to Botox but without injections. Other beauty treatments include under eye bag treatments, and treatments for temporarily hiding wrinkles.
- A wide range of quality natural health products, herbal remedies and organic beauty and skincare products.
- A variety of herbal remedies originating from South American Rain Forests, that are reputed to enhance sexual function, aid weight loss and have other benefits.
- Compression and support clothing including maternity pre and post natal supports, joint supports and anti dvt flight socks. Free worldwide shipping.
|Cosmetics for All
- Branded and non branded cosmetics and gifts at competitive prices.
- Luxury spa products for the face, hands, hair, feet and body, together with spa aromatherapy candles.