- Magnetic therapy bracelets, pillow liners, neck rolls and supports.
What is magnetic therapy?
Magnetic or magnet therapy is a complementary medicine.
There are electromagnetic energy fields all around us, which magnetic therapists believe influence our body cells and well being. When the natural electromagnetic fields are distorted or broken due to modern day technology such as cars, large buildings, power lines, computers and mobile phones, therapists believe that this is the root cause on many common illnesses.
What do magnets do?
When worn close to the body, magnets are said to charge the iron present in red blood cells, which is said to improve blood circulation, increase blood oxygen levels, relieve joint pain, enhance the removal of waste products from the blood and generally enhance the body's own natural healing processes.
What sort of problems is magnetic therapy said to treat?
Magnetic therapy is said to be effective in the treatment of the following types of disorders:
Is there any clinical evidence to support magnetic therapy?
There is evidence of sorts. In the US, orthapaedic surgeons use pulsed electromagnetic fields to help repair stubborn bone fractures. However, the fields used by the surgeons are much stronger than those found in the traditional weak fields in ordinary magnets.
There has also been research to suggest that magnetic shoe insoles provide relief in the case of diabetic foot pain (ref: New York Medical College). However, this is inconclusive as other studies have not agreed with these conclusions. Basically, more research is needed.
There is much anecdotal evidence to support magnetic therapy in certain people, and it may well be worth having a go with it, even if the only benefit is that of the placebo effect (ie if you believe it will help, then it will.)
Is it safe?
Probably, but there is a lack of research. Certainly, it should be avoided by children, pregnant women, those with metal allergies, anyone wearing a pacemaker or similar device and those who work with cables and high voltage machinery. Bear in mind that this profession is completely unregulated so anyone can set up as a consultant or run courses.
- Magnetic therapy bracelets made from titanium in a range of designs for men and women.
- Magnets to help pets and people by Bioflow, using the patented "Central Reverse Polarity".
- Magnetic jewellery and sleep systems, said to be helpful in the relief of pain.
|Healthy Magnets |
- A range of magnets to help people and pets, including bracelets, insoles, eye masks and sports supports.
|Try Magnet |
- Magnotherapy items including bracelets, pads and belts. Pets are not left out, with products suitable for cats, dogs and horses.