Office Supplies - A ShoppingTrolley Guide
There is a vast choice of paper available on the market today.Most printer manufacturers recommend paper, usually their own brand, to be used in conjuction with their products. However, whilst using the paper recommended by the manufacturer will give you good results, it is possible to save money and get equally good results by using generic brands.
Discount Office Products
- "Your favourite office products - for less". Supplies both business and home users. Everything from stationery to seating.
- Office furniture specialists offering award winning designer furniture including desks, executive, interior fit-out and refurbishment, meeting tables, seating and storage.
The traditional way of comparing paper quality is to look at the weight, measured in gsm "grams per square metre". Standard cheap photocopier paper usually has a weight of around 80 gsm. This is a multi-purpose paper quality that is used in office typewriters and photocopies. This quality of paper can also be used successfully in the majority of printers for any text based written documents where the reproduction of photos or detailed images is not an essential part of the document.
Papers labelled as "inkjet papers" are normally of a higher quality - from around 100 gsm to over 250 gsm, the higher weight being the most suitable for photo quality prints.
It is possible to buy paper with a range of different surfaces and finishes to suit your application. For example, photo quality paper is available with a glossy, satin or matte finish. Whichever finish you choose, quick drying papers are better as your prints are less likely to smudge or stick to anything.
Novelty papers include "T-Shirt transfer paper", where you can print a design directly onto the paper and then iron it on to a t-shirt or any other flat cotton surface. Bear in mind, that the image will need to be printed in mirror image, so that once transferred onto the t-shirt it will be the right way round. I have found the images created work best when transferred onto plain white material, as the printed images are somewhat translucent.
Whichever paper you decide to try in your printer, buy a small quantity initially, to see if you are happy with its performance, before buying reams of it.
- Print finishing products including laminators and binding machines. Also ink cartridges, consumables and more.
|Home Office Solutions from MFI|
- Workstations, storage solutions, desks, ergonomically designed chairs and a site packed with great ideas.
|UK Office Direct|
- Office supplies with free next day delivery. Items sold include stationery, files and binders, adhesives, machines, computer supplies, catering and janitorial supplies and more.
- A comprehensive range of exhibition stands (including brochure, pop-up and banner), display Boards, folding panel kits, modular kits, portable plinths and workstations.