Patio Furniture @ Greenfingers
Patio and garden furniture - a buyer's guide
Patio furniture in your garden can really help you to enjoy the warmer summer days. There is a large variety of different types available in the UK today and this is a quick guide to help you decide what you want to buy.
|Garden Swing Seats
- A range of garden swing seats made from a variety of materials including yellow balau hardwood, steel and pine.
|Garden & Patio Furniture |
- A huge range of garden and patio furniture from top manufacturers and retailers all in one place, including patio sets, benches and more.
Materials and styles
Patio and garden furniture is available in five main materials - aluminium, wood, iron, resin (plastic) and wicker, or partnerships of different materials such as a wood, glass or tiled tabletop on an aluminium base. Different materials have different maintenance requirements - for example, wood should be sealed every once in a while (see the article below) and iron has a tendency to rust so you will need to keep the paintwork in good condition, especially in coastal areas. However, well maintained iron furniture can last a lifetime. Aluminium, on the other hand, is pretty much maintenance free. It's a good idea to store garden furniture in a shed when not in use, or cover it with a purpose made cover or tarpaulin to prevent unnecessary weathering.
You can use ordinary cushions with the furniture, but for outdoor use, look out for cushions that are water-repellant and resistant to fading and mildew.
Hammocks have gained in popularity recently due to their comfort, and are now available in a range of shapes, styles and sizes including free standing, or attached to a tree or post.
How to restore wooden patio furniture
If you already own wooden patio furniture, but it is looking a little the worse for wear, it is possible to revive its appearance and make it look new again.
| Garden Furniture Sets
- A range of garden furniture sets including 2 seater sets, 4 seater sets, 6 seater sets and 8 seater sets, which you can choose according to your budget and requirements.
- A selection in a range colours / materials, together with matching cushions and parasols. Also permanent seating including benches, furniture covers and hammocks.
Richmond Large Round Picnic Table - £299
- Richmond Round Picnic Table made from hard pine. 134cm diameter, Weight 78kgm, self assembly. Can easily seat 8 people and comes highly recommended.
- A selection of very high quality products from Hillhout, pressure impregnated and designed to be extremely durable. They include a tree set, a slatted bench, a Bistro Table and Chairs and Child's Picnic table. Also "Keruing" Hardwood items including benches, sun-loungers and table sets.
Mosaic Pattern Bistro Set - £225
- Solid metal framed bistro set with terracotta mosaic surfaces. Complete with 2 chairs. Table is simple self assembly. Free UK delivery.
| Wooden Extending Table plus 6 chairs
- Made from Acaia hardwood from sustainable forests. 4 folding armchairs and 2 recliner chairs. Free UK delivery.